Friday, August 7, 2009

A Year Ago, Today ...

A year ago, today, I was in labor with Kira. That was when the challenges of motherhood doubled. But so did my blessings. Two little angels entered my life and have turned it upside down. I am not the same person I was 2 years ago, and I owe that to Tristan and Kira. I feel they have grown me up, taught me patience, taught me the true meaning of sacrifice, and continually they are teaching me how to be a mom. It is amazing! Through all the sleepless nights, poopie diapers, tooth aches, earaches, separation anxiety, temper tantrums, bumps and bruises ... at the end of the day, all I choose to remember is the sound of their laughter, the hugs, the kisses, the snuggle times, the rolling on the floor times, the funny moments, embarrassing moments, the times of reading in bed together, learning new things together ... and all that combined is what makes my life so wonderful and motherhood such a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Harmony....you have the right perspective.
    It will all go by soooo fast. And this time in your life is really the most precious time.
    It sounds like you are relaxing in God's sovereignty of motherhood. I think that is wonderful...let the world speed by.....it's just noise anyway. Enjoy the blessings that come from hanging with two little angels.
    He has hidden treasures in each day, that will bless your soul :)

    ReplyDelete