Monday, October 19, 2009

Bates Nut Farm

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I last posted on here! Time is just flying by. We've been busy with day to day fun of going to parks, spending time with familyand friends, and starting out another season of a Moms Group at my church, The Movement. I am a leader this year and that is a lot of fun! I have a wonderful table of young moms just like me and we have a lot of fun!

The kids are incredible. Every day they amaze me. Tristan is talking all the time now and learning new words and phrases every day! He is so smart it is mind-blowing. He's so loving and compassionate and full of energy it's almost hard to keep up with him. Kira is the most cheerful little baby you will ever meet. She crawls around at the speed of light, is strong enough to stand up to her brother when he tried to pull a toy out of her hand, and her smiles always brighten up the room!

I've been a bit preoccupied with doctors visits and such, due to a flare up in my Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It's been going on about 6 weeks now and it looks like I will need to have a colonoscopy at the end of this month to determine what is wrecking my body for so long. Not the most pleasant of occurrences, but that is what has been going on. It is what it is, right?

We went to Bates Nut Farm on Saturday to spend some time in the ginormous(is that a word?) pumpkin patch and the kids absolutely loved it! We saw farm animals, tractors, hay, pumpkins - and for some reason my kids were totally amused by all of that. It was a REALLY hot day, but they didn't care. They giggled the whole way home in their car seats and then took a really good nap afterward.

We picked up the kids' Holloween Costumes this past weekend also. Tristan is Superman and Kira is a Pink Bunny with a Carrot Rattle. Soooo cute .... Drew is going to be a Monk and I am going to be a Nun. I will post some pictures as soon as I get new cord for my camera. Kira chewed it up when I wasn't looking and now I can't upload any photos from my camera to my laptop. Oh well ....

We've got a wedding coming up this weekend and then a little overnighter getaway for Drew and I to celebrate our dear friends' birthdays. It will be wierd being away from the kids for so long, but also refreshing to spend that time together. They will be in good hands. So I will have no need to worry.

That's it for now, I shall try to be more faithful in updating this blog from now on ...

1 comment:

  1. This stuff is gold Harmony...it is so wonderful that you have these posts to look back on and remember. Sounds like you have "The Good Life" and we Praise God for that. Love you....

    ReplyDelete