Monday, January 18, 2010

Rainy Days

It's a new year and Drew and I have been married 4 years this month, with 2 beautiful children, living in a lovely home in San Marcos, involved in an amazing church, blessed by an incredible job at Sony, and healthy and happy and loving God and loving eachother!

How else do I recap the past 3 months since I updated my blog? I gotta get better at this ... Maybe it should rain more often and my kids should take longer naps ... those are the only times I get things done around the house!

Let's see ... we've had a lot of celebrations recently: Thanksgiving ... Christmas ... My 28th Birthday ... New Years ... Our 4th Wedding Anniversary ... (all in 7 weeks' time!). That's a lot of festivities in the Lawton household! Not to mention that we all had the flu and were out of commission for about 2 weeks after Christmas ... along with a continued search for a home to buy in San Marcos ... along with Drew working long hours at his job ... a last minute incredible trip to Big Bear ... and next weekend an anniversary getaway, just Drew and I! Woohoo!

We are so blessed. God is so faithful and continues to provide for us and bless us even when we are so undeserving! We have both our families nearby and wonderful neighbors and a church full of friends that are such an encouragement and a glimpse into what Heaven will be like!

Tristan and I have started morning devotions together this year. It is unbelievable. We are only 2 weeks into it, but he loves the Bible now and asks to read certain portions of it (his favorite being the "no no tree and Adam and Eve"). Tristan prays and reads the Bible and it is such a precious time for the 2 of us in the morning, before Kira and Drew wake up ...

Kira is starting to take steps of her own (finally!) and saying a few words! She is the happiest baby in the world and such an angel to be around. Her smile lights up the room, and when she laughs at Tristan being silly, it's so contagious that it brightens up our whole day! She eats more than the rest of us, and sleeps more than the rest of us, too! Maybe that's why she's so happy?

I know the kids are more interesting than I ... but just for kicks, and for those interested, I am doing MUCH better now that I am on my medication. My Ulcerative Colitis is under control at the moment and I am able to resume my motherly duties around the house. I am no longer fatigued all the time or running to the bathroom every 5 minutes. I am healthier and happier and filled with much more energy to once again be a good wife, mother, daughter, granddaughter and friend!

That's it for now ... thanks again for taking the time to read my blog!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful life Harmony.
    We are so blessed to be a part of your little family. I pray the Lord gives you and Drew a wonderful weekend away.
    BTW
    It's snowing in Big Bear all week.
    So there should be some nice snow up there by now.
    Love you so much....mom

    ReplyDelete