Thursday, June 17, 2010

Healing

It has been an amazing week of preparation for our 1st Housewarming Party (which was this past Saturday) and little God-moments sprinkled throughout.

A dear friend and sister in the Lord came over last Thursday to pray for healing for my condition of Ulcerative Colitis. I was beginning to get anxious as our East Coast Vacation drew near, and we'd be sharing a beach house (and bathrooms!) with Drew's extended family for 2 weeks. Our time of prayer was so powerful and even the kids felt God's presence. When she left, I was so encouraged and at complete peace with my current and upcoming circumstances. The rest of the afternoon, I felt this strange pressure on my colon, almost like a physical presence, which I can only give credit to God's healing hand, wrapping around my colon and giving it a rest, as He begins His healing process for me. Since then, I have had more energy than I've had this entire year, I haven't been worried or fearful for the future, and I keep hearing God whispering to me, "Be at peace, child, I have begin the process of healing". Love it! Already I've been healed of my fears and for the first time, I am at peace.

Our housewarming party was a huge success, and an incredible blessing. We had all of Drew's extended family here, my Grandpa came, our friends from our old neighborhood, and our dear friends from church. The house was full of good food, conversation, laughter and little kids running about. We did a toast and prayer for the house and gave tour after tour, showing all the guests the hard work Drew put in to make this place beautiful. We had a "before" picture album of how this house looked when we bought it, and that was very amusing to everyone. It doesn't even look like the same house! A dear couple from our church prayed over our house as the party came to a close (10pm!), and it was so wonderful to hear their words of encouragement and to be reminded that this is where God has placed us.

I had my Grandpa over for dinner Tuesday night and we had such a great time talking and eating and hanging out with the kids. He even sat down at Tristan's little table and played PlayDoh with him! Tristan was elated.

Now we are preparing for our Ocean City, NJ vacation next week. That must explain my sleepless nights. This will be the first airplane ride with both kids, and the first time our little Kira will be sleeping in a different bed. She's very secure in her room and her crib and it will be interesting to see how she does in a new environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment