Saturday, April 16, 2011

Life is a Party

It's been exactly a month since my last post. And here's why ...

** I've been on a gluten free, dairy free, curry free, and caffeine free diet, which has made me a new person. I have all my energy back, my symptoms are gone, my pain is gone, and I feel like I can finally be the wife and mother God has called me to be. So the reason why this has kept me from blogging, is because I've been out and about doing fun things with the kids, having play dates again, and enjoying life outside of the home for the first time in 2 years.

** We had some fun dinners out with friends of ours. Bowling, Homemade Fajitas with Peach Cobbler for dessert, Thai Food and Miniature Golf. Also, we attended kid birthday parties, had a night out with my mom for pedicures, and sister night going through old photos from childhood. Such a great time. So blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.

** Kira developed a ruptured ear drum, and was in so much pain, that she wouldn't eat or sleep or even play. It was horrible. It wasn't until her ear was oozing, that we realized what was wrong, and immediately took her to the doctor. 14 days of 2 different antibiotics, she finally could say with a smile on her face, "My ear all better, mommy". Thank God. That was the worst.

** My baby sister turned 21! I planned a Birthday Brunch Cruise for her and all her friends and all our family, on board the Hornblower. And it was a blast! So fun and entertaining, and SUCH good food. What a memory we made. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH my baby sister is 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** I went to San Francisco for 4 days! I decided to join my husband on his business trip up north, and left the kids home with all the grandparents. I got to tour around the city on my own, try out new restaurants, meet interesting people while I asked them to take my picture at every landmark (lol), and got quality time with the love of my life. So refreshing and worth it! Everybody needs to get away from time to time. It helps bring perspective and appreciation when returning back home.

** My son Tristan turned 4 years old! We had a little family birthday dinner for him on the night of his birthday, with a Toy Story themed cake, made by the most incredibly talented Mary Thompson, friend of mine. Then we took off and spent 2 days in Disneyland with Drew's parents. The kids LOVED IT. For them, it really was the happiest place on earth. The weather was perfect, the lines were short, the rides were awesome, and the time spent together as a family meeting Pooh Bear and friends, was priceless.

** Tristan had his first sleepover. His best friend from birth spent the night last week. It was awesome! The boys had SO MUCH FUN! And I got a glimpse of what it would be like if I had three kids. As fun as it was, 24 hrs was all I could handle. I don't know how you moms of 3+ kids do it! It took me 2 days to recover. lol. I think I will stick with the 2 kids that I do have. :-)

** I planned a big birthday party for my mom. It was SO MUCH FUN! I love party planning. I made a gluten free carrot cake from scratch, with my own frosting, and planned games for the crowd ("over the hill" bingo, lol), and a raffle fundraiser (the highlight of the evening!!!), and it was all a success! Everyone had such a great time, and it was so much fun. Did I say that already? Yeah, I'm pooped. And it may take me just as long to recover as it did from Tristan's sleepover, but it was worth every minute. I had the best party planning team, and it was awesome. The kids were exceptionally good with a house full of 25 adults!!!! Actually, they were angels. I couldn't have asked for better kids. I love them so much. My husband rocked. He took out the trash 3 times and took the kids outside when they needed a break, and he even beat all of us in the Ping Pong tournament. What a great day.

** Just a few more family birthdays this season, and then hopefully things will settle down to a normal pace.

There's the recap of the last 30 days for all my blog followers. :-) Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment