Mozzarella Sticks (Gluten Free)
Inspired by George Duran's cookbook, "Take This Dish and Twist It"
Makes 4-6 Servings
12 sticks Mozzarella String Cheese
3 Tbsp. Tapioca Flour (or any GF flour of your choice)
2 Egg Whites, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp. Water
2 Cups GF Bread Crumbs (I used Glutino)
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 tsp. Dried Oregano
1/4 tsp. Ground Pepper
1/8 tsp. Chili Powder
Non-stick Cooking Spray
1 Cup Marinara Sauce, warmed
1. Remove String Cheese from individual packaging and freeze for one hour.
2. Set oven rack to lower third and preheat boiler on high.
3. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Beat egg whites and water and place in a
4. Mix bread crumbs with the rest of the dry ingredients and place
into a third shallow bowl.
5. Remove string cheese from freezer and coat
with flour, then dip in egg whites, and finally coat with the bread crumb mixture.
6. Carefully place them on a dish or cutting board and spray
with the non-stick spray.
7. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and broil
for 2-3 minutes until browned. Using tongs to flip each mozzarella stick
carefully and broil for 1-2 minutes until browned.
8. Remove from oven
onto a plate and allow the pan to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving
with warm marinara sauce.