These cookies have become a staple in our house. Mainly because I haven't been able to eat a regular cookie in three years, but now my kids enjoy my gluten free cooking and baking, and they ask me to make these on a regular basis. They are simple, quick, and delicious. A perfect after school snack, or even a last minute dessert before company arrives. I have altered them a bit over the years, and here is my most recent version of this recipe.
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put all ingredients in bowl. Mix with fork, until all ingredients are combined.
- Drop by teaspoon full on ungreased cookie sheet, 1" apart.
- Press tops with the tines of a fork (spray fork with cooking spray first to prevent sticking). Bake in oven for approximately 10 minutes. Tops will be soft to touch so don't over bake.
- Take off sheet and put on cookie rack to cool. Enjoy!!!