Friday, September 13, 2013

Sesame Chicken (gluten free)

Craving Chinese Food? I know I am! This is the one food genre that I miss the most. Pizza, yes, but I've learned to make yummy GF pizza's at home. But GF Chinese Food ... that's a hard one to master. When I found this recipe online and altered it to be gluten free ... my mouth was watering the entire cook time. As soon as I had my first bite, I was jumping up and down like a kid on Christmas morning. It was so simple, and delicious enough that my family even liked it!!!! And that's a plus. Enjoy!



Ingredients:
1 1/2 pound boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup all natural honey
1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
2 Tbsp. dried onion
2 Tbsp. gluten free ketchup
1 Tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. cornstarch (dissolved in 3 Tbsp water)
Sesame seeds

Directions:
1 Place chicken in crock pot.
2. Combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, and garlic. Pour over chicken.
3. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through.
4. Remove chicken from crock pot, but leave sauce.
5. Replace lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes until slightly thickened.
6. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and return to crock pot - can leave chicken in to simmer on low or serve.
7. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment