(vegetarian and gluten free)
3 cups mixed veggies. (If frozen, make sure they are thawed and drained).
1 can black beans
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 (12 oz) carton Cream of Mushroom soup (Sprouts has the GF kind)
6 cups mashed potatoes
Half a bag of Bugles chips, smashed into crumbs (you can also use Chex or Fritos).
1/4 cup dried onions
1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Prepare mashed potatoes to your liking.
(I like to make mine creamy with DF butter, almond milk, and a dash of garlic powder).
3. Stir together mixed veggies, beans, mushrooms, and soup in a large bowl.
4. Pour vegetable mixture into ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
5. Crush chips into crumbs and mix together with dried onions.
6. Sprinkle half the crumb mixture over the vegetables.
7. Spread potatoes over crumb and onion mixture with a spatula.
8. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes, then sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
9. Bake an additional 8-10 minutes until mixture is hot and topping is crispy.