Thursday, April 10, 2014

"Let's go bring back summer" Pasta Salad

Every summer, I make this pasta salad. It is to die for. I crave it all year long. But it must be really warm out for me to indulge in this delicacy. My husband (who doesn't need to eat gluten free), will hover over my shoulder, as I'm making the dressing and cutting the veggies, in hopes that I will let him have a taste. Since summer has come early to San Diego, here we go ... I made my first batch today. And it was fantastic.



Chicken Pasta Salad (Gluten Free)

Dressing: 


1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. Annie's Natural Tuscany Italian salad dressing (you can find this at Sprouts)
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. mustard
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt

Pasta:

1 Box Ancient Harvest Quinoa Pasta (Elbows or Garden Pagodas)
3 c. chopped, cooked chicken
2 zucchini, diced
2 red bell peppers, diced
3/4 c. black olives, diced (kalamata olives make it exceptional)
1 med. onion, diced
1 can black beans
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
Cook pasta according to directions; drain and cool. Combine mayonnaise, salad dressing, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper and mix well, until blended. Set aside. Cook chicken thoroughly, set aside. Chop and combine remainder of ingredients. In large bowl, mix together dressing, pasta, veggies and chicken. Chill for 2 hours. Stir well then serve in lettuce lined bowl if desired. This recipe can also be made vegetarian. Leave out the chicken and add more vegetables of choice.This salad can be stored in Tupperware in refrigerator for a week. If it starts getting dry, just add more Tuscany Italian Dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment