Monday, January 10, 2011

Funny Sleep Moments

I wake up at 3am, because there's a light shining into my bedroom from downstairs and my defenses go up as I grab a baseball bat and head down my staircase of doom to protect my household from an intruder, and lo and behold I find it's coming from the hallway and my son's bedroom and he's passed out in his closet, with toys surrounding him and toys all over his bedroom floor. I remember cleaning up his room before he went to bed with all the toys in the appropriate bins, which led me to the conclusion that he had woken up at some point in the middle of the night, thought it was morning, and started playing in his room and then fell asleep in his closet. After snapping a picture, I covered him with his blanket and turned off the lights and went back to bed, hoping he would just stay asleep until morning.

This morning, I wake up and he's already up playing in his room, and I ask him why he fell asleep in his closet and he all he said was, "I woke up because there was a blanket on me and all the lights were turned off so I got up and played". Then I realized he'd been awake since 3am playing in his room! The bags under his eyes were proof! What am I to do with my night owl? This isn't the first time he's woken up in the middle of the night and played in his room.

Then after lunch, he lays down to drink his milk on the couch, while I go upstairs to put Kira to bed and when I came back down, he was passed out! See picture on the right. I love these moments. Kids are too funny and unpredictable.

Since this blog was all about Tristan, my next one will be about Kira and her funny moments. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment