7 ingredients, 25 minutes later, a bite into heaven ...
Gluten Free Blueberry Scones Recipe
*2 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Pantry's Muffin Scone Mix
*1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
*6 Tbsp. Butter or Dairy Free Buttery Spread, cut into small pieces (Earth Balance, non-dairy)
*1 large egg or egg substitute (4 Tbsp Applesauce + 1 tsp. Baking Powder)
*1/2 Cup Milk or Dairy Free Milk of choice (I used Sweetened Almond Milk)
*1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
*3/4 Cup Fresh Blueberries (fresh is best, but frozen is an option too)
1. Preheat Oven to 375 F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper (or foil).
2. In large bowl, combine Scone/Muffin Mix with cinnamon. Mix until blended. Then scatter pieces of butter over dry mix and mix with fork until mostly blended (it will be a little chunky).
3. Combine the egg, milk, and apple cider vinegar in separate bowl. The add to flour mixture and blend well.
4. Fold in blueberries.
5. Scoop dough (about 3 Tbsp per scoop), onto cookie sheets, leaving room for scones to spread.
6. Place cookie sheets in preheated oven and bake 15-17 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
A Little Tip:
To dress these up, drizzle baked (and still slightly warm!) scones with a glaze (mix together confectioner's sugar and sweetened almond milk (or regular milk if dairy isn't an issue) and lemon juice. Make the glaze sufficiently thick so it doesn't drip down the sides.