* 3-5 lb. roast (beef, preferably grass fed, organic)
* 1 bag fresh organic baby carrots
* 4 or 5 small potatoes, washed and peeled (optional)
* 1/2 lb. fresh green beans - or 1 small can of green beans
* 1/2 cup diced tomatoes - or 1 can of diced tomatoes
* 2 Tbsp. dairy free butter (if dairy isn't an issue, go with normal butter)
* GF Seasoning (see recipe below cooking instructions)
* 1/2 cup gluten free Ketchup
* 1 cup water
* Chipotle Tabasco(or any hot sauce), to taste1. Chop onion and place in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle some flour (I use GF) on the onion.
2. Add some butter (1-2 tablespoons) and sauté until soft. Then place roast on top of onion.
3. Mix ketchup, hot sauce and seasoning blend. Stir into water, until blended well.
4. Cover and leave on high. Cut up potatoes, tomatoes, green beans, and add to pot, along with carrots.
5. Sprinkle more hot sauce on, to taste.
6. Turn on low and cook for 6 or more hours. The longer the better.
7. When done, pull meat out of crock pot and shred with knife.
8. Scoop veggies out of crock pot and pour on top of meat. Serve with mashed potatoes, if desired.
This recipe is VERY tasty, you will be surprised!!!!
Gluten Free Seasoning
(if gluten isn't an issue, a regular packet of McCormick Pot Roast Seasoning will do instead)
* 1 Tbsp. Minced Onion Flakes
* 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
* 1 tsp. Black Pepper
* 1 tsp. Basil
* 1 tsp. Oregano
* 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash
* 1 tsp. GF Soy Sauce
* 1 Tbsp. GF Flour (I used Betty Crocker GF Bisquick)
Blend well with ketchup and hot sauce and water. Pour over roast.